BGISD School Board Election:
Due to the COVID-19 our May 2, 2020 uniform election date has been postponed to
Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
NOTE on Candidate Filings: By postponing the election date, the district is preserving all candidate filings and ballot order actions that have already been taken. The postponement does not have the effect of reopening candidate filings.
Candidate Eligibility Requirements:
An individual is eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, a Texas school board if the individual:
1. is a US citizen;
2. is 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
3. has not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
4. has not been finally convicted of a felony from which the individual has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
5. has resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
a. for an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate's application for a place on the ballot;
b. for a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate's name is written in; or
c. for an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made;
6. is registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described at 5. above; and
7. satisfies any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.
Additionally, to be elected to a school board, an individual must be a qualified voter; 18 years of age or older, a US citizen, a Texas resident, a registered voter, not determined to be totally or partially mentally incapacitated by an appropriate court, and not finally convicted of a felony. Tex. Educ. Code 11.061; Tex. Elec. Code 11.002
A person is ineligible to serve on a school board if their person has been convicted of a felony or an offense under Texas Penal Code section 43.02(b) regarding prostitution. Tex. Educ. Code 11.066
Below are the voting locations for the November 3, 2020 BGISD School Board Election.